Welcome

Welcome to "Read It Again, Mommy," a blog to share the love of children's books. On this site you will find posts commenting on books ranging from infant board books to young adult novels. I do not claim to be a literary expert but just a mom and a teacher who loves to read. I have spent many hours curled up with my children, students and myself enjoying a good read. Each post will include a review of 3 books based on the theme of the week. I hope you find some new books and enjoy sharing them with the ones you love!

Sunday 22 March 2015

This week THE SUNDAY EVENING POST brings you books that have interesting design features. As adults we may overlook the importance of text choice, colour, page layout and artwork but to a child these features are very important and add depth to the story. In fact, the pictures may be so important that words do not appear on the page or a picture may give more information that the text. A pictures is worth a thousand words (so I am going to let the books speak for themselves).....WOW pictures books are big reads for little minds!

This book just ate my dog!
by Richard Byrne









This is Not My Hay
By Jon Klassen
 








Wave
by Suzy Lee







3 comments:

  1. WOW, this looks good. My nephew might find this interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Blog! Such a great representation of books for kids of many different ages. It is so great that you are encouraging the reading as reading expands the imagination and leads to critical thought, something the television does not do!
    -R Powell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used This is not my Hat a lot in the classroom. Kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete