Welcome

Welcome to "Read It Again, Mommy," a blog to share the love of children's books. On this site you will find posts commenting on books ranging from infant board books to young adult novels. I do not claim to be a literary expert but just a mom and a teacher who loves to read. I have spent many hours curled up with my children, students and myself enjoying a good read. Each post will include a review of 3 books based on the theme of the week. I hope you find some new books and enjoy sharing them with the ones you love!

Sunday 1 February 2015

It seems as if I have time to post new books and Sunday evenings. So, Welcome to the SUNDAY EVENING POST! This week I have chosen to share books that are favourites of my 3 boys (2 children and 1 husband). Please keep in mind that children's favourites change all the time and if I had asked this question last week I'm sure I would have received a completely different answer. Also, their choices may not reflect the best quality of literature but they love these books and love to read them.

Garfield by Jim Davis
Garfield comics have become very popular in our home. The boys love to read them, in English or French, because "they are so funny." Both boys will sit for hours reading and giggling to themselves. They have even started writing their own comics and enjoy making others laugh.




http://garfield.com





Dinosaur Cove series by Rex Stone
Both of my children love this series but my oldest son especially enjoys reading the Dinosaur Cove books by Rex Stone. This adventurous series is about 2 boys who discover a cave that takes them back to the time when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. Along the way they meet Wanna, a dinosaur from the Campanian age, who appears in each novel. This little dinosaur guides them on each adventure as they travel through time and meet dinosaurs from various periods. Although this is obviously a fictional series, each story has nonfictional elements that help the children learn about dinosaurs.

http://www.dinosaurcove.co.uk


And to Think That I Saw It on
Mulberry Street
by Dr. Seuss
"Who doesn't love a parade?" This is what my husband said when I asked him why he likes this book. He also enjoys the fantasy, rhyme and nonsense that is typical and essential to a Dr. Seuss creation.  He likes the journey through the neighbourhood which reminds him of his own neighbourhood growing up in Toronto (although there were no marching elephants on his street). Perhaps, for him, this is a trip down memory lane.



http://www.seussville.com

1 comment:

  1. Danielle,
    Great work on your website. I love how you incorporated your children's love of reading into your blog.

    ReplyDelete